How to Create New YouTube Channel – Easy Guide for Beginners
I know for real you are thinking of plunging into YouTube for a business boost. But you’re not sure how to create new YouTube channel. Well, let me start by congratulating you on this brilliant thought because it takes a proactive mind to lead in the global business contest.
No doubt, YouTube has become part of our daily lives. Most of our leisure time is dedicated to watching videos on YouTube. YouTube offers content creators, publishers, and business owners an effective means of educating the audience about their products.
Create a new YouTube channel to reach the millions of potential customers or subscribers that visit YouTube daily in search of information. With YouTube, you will make good on those unique ideas of yours, monetize them, and create YouTube ads for financial growth.
How to Create New YouTube Channel
It might seem a little difficult to create a new YouTube channel. But never worry—on this page you’re going to learn that it is even easier to create new YouTube than you ever imagined. So, let us get started with these simple steps.
Create a Google account
A Google Account can allow you to watch videos, like the video, and subscribe to the channel. YouTube channel will permit you to have a public presence on YouTube. So, even if you have a Google Account, you need to create a new YouTube channel to be able to upload videos, comment, or create playlists.
After you have successfully signed up for a Google account or Gmail account, you can proceed to create your own YouTube channel.
Create New YouTube channel for Your Business
By default, your Google account will automatically give you a personal YouTube account once you have signed up for it. However, to create a business YouTube channel for your business, you’ll need to set up a brand account.
Though your Google account automatically assigns a personal YouTube channel to you, which gives you the right to manage the channel, But the default personal channel will have the same name as your Google account; this implies that you can’t use it for your brand name.
When you open a YouTube channel for your brand, you can customize the channel for your brand and give access to team members. So, here’s how to build a channel for your business brand.
Step 1: Log into the YouTube homepage using your Google account information.
Step 2: Click on the user icon on the top right corner of the screen
YouTube Hope Page
Step 3: Select Create a Channel from the drop-down list
Create a Channel Page
Step 4: Click on Get Started
Click Get Started
Step5: Choose to Use a custom name from the two options from that ask “Choose how to create your channel”
Use a custom name
Step 6: Enter your Brand name in the field to create your channel.
Add your YouTube Channel Brand Name
Add Your Channel Brand Identity
Under this section, we will teach you how to add artwork and links to your channel banner. Artwork and links help you customize and present your channel with a unique brand identity.
Add YouTube channel artwork
Once you have finished setting up your YouTube channel, the next thing is to customize it with your business brand cover photo. This can be done by following the steps below:
- Log into the YouTube channel on a computer.
- Click your profile icon on the top right of the screen and choose Your Channel.
- Your YouTube channel’s art space appears blank with a blue button caption. Add channel art and some gadget images. Click on the Add channel art button to upload your brand banner image. Crop the banner image to the recommended size of 2,560 x 1,440 pixels.
- Click the logo image to upload your company logo. Crop the image to the recommended size of 800 x 800 pixels.
Add Links to Your YouTube Channel
- Log into your YouTube channel.
- Select the Customize channel.
- Then, click on the About tab.
- Scroll down to Links.
- Click the pencil icon to add links.
- Enter your website information and links to social channels,
Once you have added all the links you want to add, the links will appear over your channel banner art.
Upload Your First Video on Your Channel
Wow, congratulations! Your new YouTube channel is now ready. All you’ve got to do is start creating and adding quality content to your channel.
- Sign in to your new YouTube channel.
- Click on the video icon button (it looks like a little video camera) at the top of your screen.
- Click “Upload Video.”
- Then, select the video you want to upload.
- Add a title and a description. Ensure to include relevant keywords in your video description.
- Finally, click publish, and you’re done.
Verify Your New YouTube Channel
Verifying your YouTube channel opens you up to more features. This allows you to create custom video thumbnails and upload videos longer than 15 minutes on your channel.
- Login to youtube.com/create
- Select your country,
- Choose how you want to get your verification code (wether by text or by automated voice message)
- Enter your phone number.
- Enter the verification code you receive
- Click Continue.