DStv Explora Ultra: 2 Best Ways to Connect DStv Explora
DStv Explora is changing users’ view experience. Multichoice says, the moment you connect DStv Explora decoder to your TV, your viewing moment is no longer the same. Wow, what’s the magic? Just relax, what the magics are is no more a secret. We’re here to let the cat loose. On this page, we’ll be exploring DStv Explora and DStv Explora Ultra features. Know the differences between Explora 2, Explora 3, and Explora Ultra. And finally, we’ll also teach you how to connect to Dstv Explora to the internet via DStv WIFI CONNECTOR and ETHERNET.
Previously, we discussed how you can become a DStv Agent if you are looking for a business opportunity to invest in. We also explained different DStv subscription packages and how to subscribe online. What about DStv Now and DStv errors, sure we don’t take anything for granted, we have a page where we explained all DStv Now, how to connect it to Smart Tv and DStv error codes and how to resolve them.
DStv Explora Features
The Explora features are what change the way you watch TV. DStv Explora’s permit you to record up to 110 hours of your favorite programs, Pause live TV, Get HD, DStv Catch Up, and BoxOffice content.
High Definition (HD) Viewing
The HD feature gives a user interface experience that allows you to watch video content on HD-supported channels at about 720x1080i resolution.
Capacity to Record and Pause Live TV Shows
According to Multichoice, Explora 3 & 2 can record up to 110 hours of content. The Explora decoder has an internal storage of 1 Terabyte enough space to store about 9 days of recorded TV video show
With Explora, you can stay up-to-date with your favorite shows and allow the kids to watch the movies they want to watch. Or your two favorite live TV shows are streaming on two different channels at the same time. The decoder allows you to record one while you watch the other.
Aside from recording live TV video content, you can pause live TV for up to 2 hours with Explora decoder. For instance, you are watching your favorable football match and you decide to make yourself a quick meal first and then continue. This keeps you up-to-date without missing out on any live-action.
The Playlist is where all your DStv recordings are stored. DStv Explora will arrange all your recording into categories or even group all your series recordings together. This making it much easier to find them when you want to watch.
DStv Catch up
When you missed your favorite live shows. Explora Catch Up feature allows you to catch up on movies, sports, TV series, highlights, kids’ shows, documentaries, and general entertainment.
Not only that you can catch up on missed shows. If your Explora is connected to the internet, you’ll discover hundreds of extra Catch up titles. And can be downloadable to your DStv Explora to watch later.
DStv BoxOffice gives you the opportunity to rent any of the latest blockbuster movies from DStv from the comfort of your own couch. You can keep rented blockbusters for up 48 hours.
Other DSTV Explora features
- Parental Control
- Buffer retained on channel change
- Dolby Digital 5.1
- Widescreen capable
- Hearing-impaired subtitles
Now you can watch DStv channels with your Android phone or iPhone via DStv Now. You can explore our full guide on how to stream DStv on a smartphone and start enjoying DStv movies, music, and sporting events on the go.
Differences between DStv Explora 2 and Explora 3.
There are three (3) generations of DStv Explora which include, Explora, Explora 2, and Explora 3. However, among the three (3) Explora, Explora 3 is the latest and it’s slated to replace its predecessors. So, we’ll use a table to explain the differences and similarities between the two.
[table id=10 /]
How to connect a DStv Explora to the Internet
Materials Needed to Connect your Explora to the internet
- A DStv Explora
- Uninterupt Home Internet connection
- A minimum 2Mbps is required for downloads or remote recording
- For SD viewing, a minimum of 4Mbp is required
- For HD viewing a minimum of 10Mbps is recommended
Connecting Your DStv Explora via DStv WIFI CONNECTOR
DStv WiFi Connector is a device that links your DStv Explora to the router in your home. Before you start the connection, ensure that your internet router is switched on and connected to the internet. To connect your Explora, follow the steps below:
- Press the blue DStv button on your remote
- Go to Settings and select System Settings
- Select Connectivity Set-up
- Connect the cable on the docking station to the USB port on the back of your DStv Explora
- Insert the DStv WiFi Connector into the docking station and place the docking station next to the decoder.
- The DStv Explora will now automatically search for WiFi networks and display the available options
- Press OK on the remote to select your WiFi network, then press OK again to connect the DStv Explora to your WiFi network
- If your WiFi network is not found, move the docking station to a position where it is most likely to receive a WiFi signal
- If your WiFi network is still not found, check that your router is switched on and connected to the internet
- If your WiFi network has a password, enter the password now. You can enter the password using the alphanumeric buttons on the remote control, or by pressing ALT to use the onscreen keyboard
- If your password includes a character that is not on our onscreen keyboard, please change the password on your router
- If you enter the password incorrectly, the screen will show an error message (Incorrect password. Please try again)
- Please delete the entered password and try again
- The DStv Explora will now automatically test connectivity to the internet.
Connecting your DStv Explora via ETHERNET
Ethernet connects your DStv Explora to the internet if your router is in the same room as the Explora decoder. The Ethernet helps to link both devices together.
But before starting, ensure that your internet router is switched on and connected to the internet. to link your Explora decoder with your Router network, follow the steps below:
- Press the Blue DStv button on your remote
- Go to Settings
- Select System Settings
- Select Connectivity Set-up
- Now insert a standard Ethernet cable directly into the green Ethernet port on the back of your DStv Explora and then insert the other end into an available Ethernet port on your router
- The DStv Explora will now automatically run the set-up wizard and test connectivity to the internet