Need one account, one place to manage everything Microsoft, then, a Microsoft account is that one account. All you need is to sign up for a new Microsoft account, set up your personal profile, and you are done. So, if you are ready, here’s how to create a new Microsoft account and set up a Microsoft profile.
You need a Microsoft account to have access to Microsoft’s online tools and services. With a new Microsoft account, you will be able to navigate various Microsoft online products and services such as MS Teams, Skype, Outlook, Powerpoint, and many others.
How to Create a New Microsoft Account
Apart from Microsoft accounts, there are other accounts from Microsoft that allow you to use Microsoft products and services. If you already have a Hotmail account, you don’t need to create a new Microsoft account again. Simply sign in with your existing Hotmail account information.
However, if you don’t have a Hotmail account, then, go ahead to create a new Microsoft account by following the steps below:
- Go to account.microsoft.com
- Then, click on Create a Microsoft account.
- Enter your email address, You can use a phone number instead. Click Next button to continue.
- Create a Password, Use special characters, number, and letters to make your password strong.
- Enter the code sent you to verify your email address or phone number you provided to Microsoft.
- Review the Microsoft Services Agreement and privacy statement, then click Next.
- Once you have completed the above information, your Microsoft account will be ready for use.
Set Up Your Microsoft Profile
After you set up your new Microsoft account, the next thing is to set up your Microsoft profile. Microsoft will take you to the account settings page where you can access Your Info Page. To access Your Info, click Add Your Name.
Your Info Page consists of five sections:
- Profile Photo Section where you can:
- Add your profile photo
- Add your full name
- Profile Info section where you can edit profile info such as:
- Date of birth
- Country or region
- Related billing and shopping address
- Account info where you can Edit account info such as:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Sign-in preferences
- Link your phone to your PC
- Language Info where you can select:
- Display language
- Preferred languages
- Regional formats
Your info page lets you fill in your profile completely. Though it’s advisable not to add too much personal information. However, filling in your information can be useful in some situations. It’s all depends on how much information you want to share.