Register for an eBay account to start selling and buying on eBay. There is an awesome benefit of being an eBay member. eBay account gives you access to eBay gift cards, My eBay service to keep track of all your online shopping, and selling activity. You can send messages to other eBay members, save your favorite searches and sellers, and watch up to 300 items you’re considering buying.
How to Register for an eBay Account
To register for an eBay account is fast and simple. eBay allows you to register an account using either your Facebook account or Google account. So, I will be taking you through all the important steps that will help you register for an eBay account without issue. If you are ready to register for an eBay account, then, follow the instructions below to sign up for both personal and business eBay accounts.
Open eBay Personal Account
Here, I will take through the process on how to register for eBay Personal account. To register for an eBay account, all you need is an email address. Once you’re done setting up an account with eBay, you can buy, sell, and enjoy all the benefits of being an eBay member.
Now, to get started:
- Go to Account Sign Up Page
- Select personal account. Continue with Facebook or Continue with Google.
- Then, Sign in to your Facebook account or Google account. Depending on the account you want to sign up with.
- Allow eBay to gain access to your public profile and email address.
- Confirm the email address you want to use for your eBay account.
- Select Create account.
Once you click to create an account, eBay will use your information to create an account for you and send you an email confirming your account details.
Open eBay Business Account
eBay business account is needful If you’re considering selling large quantities of products full time. But if you’re considering selling causal items (that’s items you no longer want) on a part-time basis, then eBay’s personal account is what you need.
Therefore, the type of account you sign up with depends on the level of engagement you’re planning. So, if you want to sign up for a business account, select from the sign-up page Create a Business Account or use the button below to sign up.
eBay will only ask for the following details to create your business account:
- Registered business name
- Business email
- Registered business phone
Once you’ve provided the above details, click Register to create your eBay business account.
How to Switch Personal Account to a Business Account
If you already signed up with a personal account but would wish to switch or upgrade to a business account, follow the steps below:
- Go to My eBay and select Account, then Personal information.
- Select Edit next to Account type. Sign in again if requested.
- From the Change Account Type page, select Business Account, Confirm your account.
- On the next page, enter your business information such as name, contact information, VAT number and returns policy, then select Save.
NOTE: Once you’ve switched your personal account to a business account, it won’t be possible to revert back to a personal account.