How to Set Up Google Chromecast in 3 Easy Steps
You can now watch a variety of TV shows, films, games, sporting events, and music videos while on the go. Connect the Google Chromecast to your TV’s HDMI port. Use your phone to access a variety of streaming services to watch your favorite TV shows and movies.
The innovative Google Chromecast device makes it simple to access video content from a variety of streaming services, including Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, and many more. It can be used to stream content from the Chrome browser on a laptop or desktop computer in addition to casting content from your phone to your TV.
There are two different models of Google Chromecasts. Chromecast standard and Chromecast Ultra The 1080p resolution of the default Chromecast is used for broadcasting. While using HDR color technology, Chromecast Ultra transmits content at up to 4K resolution.
How Does a Google Chromecast Work?
Instead of using a traditional remote, Google Chromecast connects via Wi-Fi and is controlled by a smartphone. It is based on the Cast proprietary protocol from Google. The purpose of Chromecast is to make it simple for mobile devices to cast content to a bigger screen or a smart speaker.
The Cast icon will indicate whether the devices are compatible once a Chromecast or other Cast-enabled receiver is present and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your phone or computer. By tapping the cast icon, you can send the current video you’re watching straight to your Chromecast.
How to Set Up Google Chromecast
One of the quickest and simplest ways to stream any kind of content to your TV or computer is with Google’s Chromecast. Google Chromecast setup requires only three steps:
- Connecting Chromecast box to power source,
- Downloading Google Home app
- Set up Chromecast on your device
We’ll break down each of the three setup processes into its own section here. However, let’s look at the things you need before we start the setup process.
- A Chromecast device
- HDTV ( high-definition television) or display device with an HDMI input.
- A compatible mobile phone or tablet that supports a 5GHz connection to set up Chromecast on a 5GHz connection. Note: A WPA2-Enterprise network is not supported.
- Google Account
- An internet connection: You have access to a secure Wi-Fi network.
- Google Home app ( Latest version). Download here for Android or for iPhone
How to Connect Chromecast device
First, let’s examine the contents of the Chromecast box. There are two types of Chromecast “Standaed Chromecast and Chromecast Ultra”, depending on the model you have.
The Standard Chromecast have the following parts:
- a power supply,
- USB power cable, and
- a Chromecast
While the Chromecast Ultra came with only a Chromecast box and power supply adapter. Connecting your Google Chromecast is simple and easy. Just follow the instructions below:
- Plug the USB power cable into your Chromecast.
- Then, plug your Chromecast into the HDMI port on your TV.
- Plug the power supply into an open outlet.
- Turn on your TV and switch over to the HDMI input where your Chromecast device is connected.
Chromecast will show up on your TV screen once you’ve connected the Chromecast to a TV. If it doesn’t display, however, try pressing your remote control’s input button until it appear in the screen. For future use, make a note of the Chromecast device number displayed on your TV.
How to Download Google Home App.
You must have the Google Home app installed on your phone in order to set up Google Chromecast. The app is available for both iOS and Android. Install the Google Home app by downloading it from Google Play for Android devices or the App Store for iOS devices that support Chromecast.
How to Set up Google Home App.
To configure your Chromecast, launch the Google Home app on your Android or iOS smartphone. After that, you will be prompted to:
- Choose a Google account to connect to.
- Choose a home, or work or create a new one.
- Click Next to continue.
- Turn on your Wi-Fi network and the app will ask you to start scanning for new devices.
- Choose the device with the same number from the Welcome screen.
- Confirm the number on the screen.
- Chosen your Wi-Fi network and continue to the next step.
- Once you see Almost done on your TV, click next to continue.
- Your TV screen will display a background image of your Chromecast name and the time.
- Finally, click the Finish button to complete the Chromecast setup.
But note the followings:
- Ensure your phone/tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi network that you intend to use to set up your Chromecast device.
- For Chromecast Ultra set up, you can also connect it directly to your network using an Ethernet cable if you wish to.
- Turn on your Bluetooth to help improve the setup process. This is highly recommended mostly for iOS users but if you don’t want to turn on your Bluetooth for setup, tap No Thanks and proceed with Wi-Fi connection.