YouTube Business Channel: How to start the best channel for business in 5 steps
YouTube offers content creators, publishers, and business owners an effective means of educating the audience about their products. Create a YouTube business channel to reach millions of potential customers or subscribers that visit YouTube daily in search of information. You can create your new channel using either the YouTube website or the YouTube mobile site and customize your channel to suit your business brand. Find out how…
No doubt, YouTube has become part of our daily life activities. Most of our leisure time is dedicated to watching videos on YouTube. With the YouTube business channel, you will make good those unique ideas of yours, monetize them and create YouTube ads for financial growth.
How to Create YouTube Business Channel
It might look somehow a little difficult to create a new YouTube business channel. But never worry, on this page you’re going to learn how easier and simple it is to create a new YouTube. So, let us get started.
Do you have a Google account
Google Account allows you to watch and like videos on YouTube, and even subscribe to your favorite YouTube Channel. Hence, you will need to create a google account if don’t have one yet.
A Google Account works across all Google products like Gmail, Blogger, Maps, YouTube, and more. However, if you already have a Gmail address or have signed in to any of these products before, you already have a Google Account and don’t need to create another Google Account again.
You can simply sign in to YouTube with your Google account detail or the email address you use to access Google products. But if you don’t have a Gmail or Google Account, follow this link to create one on YouTube.
- Click Sign in at the top right corner,
- Click Create Account.
- Choose For myself or To manage my business.
After you have successfully signed up for a Google account or Gmail account, you can proceed to create your own YouTube channel.
YouTube channel helps you to have a public presence on YouTube. So, you will need to create a YouTube channel to be able to upload videos, comment, or create playlists.
Create a Personal YouTube Channel
By default, a Google account will automatically give you a personal YouTube account once you signed up for it.
Follow these instructions below to create a personal channel that only you can manage using your Google Account.
- Sign in to YouTube on a computer or the mobile site.
- Click your profile picture or icon in the top right.
- You’ll be asked to create a channel. Check the details with your Google Account name and photo to confirm it is you
- And then Create a channel
Create YouTube Business channel for Your Business
Though Google account automatically assigns a personal YouTube channel to you which gives you the right to manage the channel. But the default personal channel will have the same name as your Google account. This implies that you can’t use it for your brand name.
To create a YouTube business channel for your business, you’ll need to set up a brand account. The brand account helps you to connect and customize your YouTube business channel for your brand. And also allows you to give your team members access to and manage the channel.
Google allows you to create a Brand Account only on the YouTube desktop website. Here, we will walk you through the necessary steps you need to start building a YouTube business channel suitable for your business with your business brand name.
- Log into the YouTube on a computer
- Click on the user icon or profile image on the top right to go to your channel list
- Select Create a Channel
- In the pop-up window, click “Get Started.”
- Select Use your brand name in the option
- Add your channel name (Use your brand name)
- Click Create. This will create your channel.
How to Add Your Channel Brand Identity
Under this section, we will teach you how to add artwork and links to your channel banner. Artwork and links help you to customize and present your channel with a unique brand identity.
Add YouTube channel artwork
Once you have finished setting up your YouTube channel, the next thing is to customize your YouTube channel with your business brand cover photo. This can be done with the steps below:
- Log into the YouTube channel on a computer.
- Click your profile icon on the top right of the screen and choose Your channel.
- Your YouTube channel art space appears blank with a blue button caption Add channel art and some gadgets image.
- Click on the Add channel art button to upload your brand banner image. Crop the banner image to the recommended size of 2,560 x 1,440 pixels
- Click the logo image to upload your company logo. Crop the image to the recommended size of 800 x 800 pixels.
Add Links to Your YouTube Channel
- Log into your YouTube channel.
- Select Customize channel.
- Then, click on the About tab
- Scroll down to Links.
- Click the pencil icon to add links.
- Enter your website information and links to social channels,
Once you have added all the links you want to add, the links will appear over your channel banner art.
How to Upload Your First Video on Your Channel
Wow, congratulations! Your new YouTube channel is now ready. All you’ve got to do is to start creating and adding quality content to your channel.
- Sign in to your new YouTube channel.
- Click on the video icon button (It looks like a little video camera) at the top of your screen.
- Click Upload Video.
- Then, select the video you want to upload.
- Add a title and a description. Ensure to include relevant keywords in your video description.
- Finally, click Publish and you’re done.
How to Verify Your New YouTube Channel
Verifying your YouTube channel opens you up to more features. This allows you to create custom video thumbnails and upload videos longer than 15 minutes on your channel.
- Login to youtube.com/create
- Select your country,
- Choose how you want to get your verification code (wether by text or by automated voice message)
- Enter your phone number.
- Enter the verification code you receive
- Click Continue.
That’s all about channel verification.